Our purpose is to glorify God by obediently making and equipping disciples of Christ in the Bedford County area and throughout the world, by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Shelbyville Mills Baptist Church was organized June 20, 1937, in the Agnes Roberson Community House of the Mills Village. The Village is on the West side of Shelbyville and is a competent part of. the area known as U. S. Rubber Textile Mill (now Uniroyal) -hence the name Shelbyville Mills. The charter members were: Mr. & Mrs. E. A. Rich, Irene.Rich, Vaunetta Rich, Johnnie Rich, Mr. & Mrs. J. W. Rich, A. H. Rich and Lovie Rich, L. A. Foster, H. A. Foster, and Mrs. Cecil Clanton. Action was taken October 23, 1937, to build a new church building. Tom Segroves was elected chairman of the building committee.